This version brings you two new features: the RFC2544 Wizard and a new view, the Solution View. Also, a number of bugs were fixed, and some minor features have been added. Have a look below for a complete overview.|
You can download this version of the GUI from these locations:
With the ByteBlower CLI, you can start test scenarios created with the GUI, by executing one single command.
You can download the CLI Command Line Tool here :
WARNING: A 2.7.x GUI only works with a 2.1.x server or higher. To be able to use all new features, we advice to update the server to the latest 2.7.x version. See the server download page for information how to install this server version. GUI 2.x can be installed side by side with an 1.x GUI.
WARNING: On Mac OS X, the 2.7.x GUI needs to be installed on version 10.10 (Yosemite) or later.
- Enhanced the 'Settings Overview' in the Flow View. Added detailed information about the used Flow Template.
- When opening a project, all item names are now checked for disallowed characters. If such characters are found, they are replaced with underscores.
- Scouting frames are now identical to the configured frames. This simplifies the behavior for users with specially configured frames or mixed frame-blasting flows.
- Scouting frames are sent for RFC 2544 benchmarks.
- Removed the heuristic when TCP flows on Wireless Endpoints are finished. This fixes HTTP PUT flows from the Wireless Endpoints with the 2.7.0 ByteBlower Server. This is solely visible in the real-time view, no reported results are changed.
Increased robustness for scenarios with multiple Wireless Endpoints. If one of the Endpoints isn't reachable anymore, the results of the other Endpoints are still retrieved.
- Fine-tuning of the internal object update algorithm. Not all project changes were immediately visible.
- The report warns if the Wireless Endpoint was unreachable after the test.
- The type of the MeetingPoint was listed as unknown. It now shows the correct type.
- We have a new wizard, the RFC-2544 Wizard. Using this wizard, you can now create RFC-2544 benchmark tests to measure the throughput between ByteBlower ports. You can specify the allowed loss percentage and the number of iterations for each frame size. It supports IPV4, Automatic NAT Discovery, IPv6, VLANs and our Wireless Endpoints.
- The Solution View. Here you get a nice overview of all errors and warnings in your project, and their solution.
- Wizards can now immediately be used when creating a new project.
- The 'Time Last Frame Sent' column has been removed from the Scenario View because it was confusing.
- A valid MAC-address is now filled in automatically for new ByteBlower Ports.
- From the Port View, you can now jump to the docked location in the Server View.
- Some characters like slashes can now no longer be used for object names, because they caused problems in HTML reports.
- Fixed bug in the Scenario View, when editing the start time of actions when the Flow is not yet specified.
- Added Physical Load indication to the Frame Blasting View.
- Don't allow editing read-only fields in the Frame View.
- TCP Flow Templates are time based now by default.
- Software updates are now retrieved from bbdl.excentis.com.
- Fixed bug in the Frame View. On Layer 3, when selecting a TOS preset, the first the first bit was not set.
- Reduced processing time for Latency snapshots.
- Modified report filenames, to make them easier to read.
- The progress view has more feedback on active flows during a test-run.
- A more lenient stop-condition for flows from and to Wireless Endpoints. This fixes some issues with retrieving test-results.