Excentis actively contributes to the Wireshark community to integrate the XRA-31 support and improve the DOCSIS protocol parser.
The results of these efforts are now available in the official release of Wireshark 2.6!
The Excentis version 2.6 of Wireshark is based on the official Wireshark 2.6 releases.
It enhances the well-known network analysis tool with pre-release enhancements and bug fixes for Excentis' XRA-31.
You can download the latest Excentis version of Wireshark from these locations:
- [[SecureDownload:XRA-31/wireshark/2.6.8-excentis63/Wireshark-win64-2.6.8-excentis63.exe:Wireshark Windows 64-bit installer]]
You can download the latest Wireshark releases from the official website:
- SID decoding not always correct in RNG-REQ
- Some DOCSIS TLVs are not decoded yet
Changelog 2.6.8-excentis63 (2019-05-07)
Changelog 2.6.5-excentis57 (2018-12-11)
- Update base to the official Wireshark 2.6.5
- Fixed wrongly dissected REG-REQ-MP.
- Add missing decoding of many DOCSIS 3.1 TLVs.
Changelog 2.6.4-excentis51 (2018-10-26)
- Update base to the official Wireshark 2.6.4
- Add XRA-31 downstream SC-QAM decoding.
- Support for defragmentation of multipart Mac Management Messages.
- The HCS of the segment header is now verified.
- The parts of the UCD OFDMA timestamp snapshot are now decoded (D3.0 timestamp and minislots).
- The parts of the PLC timestamp are now decoded (epoch, D3.0 timestamp, extra 204.8 MHz samples, extra 16*204.8 MHz samples).
- Decoding of several DOCSIS TLVs (Peak Traffic Rate, T4 timeout multiplier, diplexer band edge, full duplex descriptor, …)
- CM-Status messages are now correctly decoded.
- Indication of encrypted payload in Info column.
Changelog 2.6.0 (2018-04-24)
- Official Wireshark 2.6.0 release notes.
- Almost all Excentis XRA-31 patches have been integrated.