We are pleased to announce the immediate release of a new 1.x version of the ByteBlower GUI.
The 1.8.36 GUI is the first 1.x GUI that is aware of the new 2.x ByteBlower servers, our platform for the future. While it can detect 2.x servers, it is not compatible with them! For this purpose, please download latest GUI 2.x from our support website.
Note that a 1.x and 2.x GUI can be installed side by side without a problem, so it remains possible to work with all servers from a single client device.
We encourage everybody to update to the latest version!
- Changed server icons in the Configuration view: blue now means online, blue with a red cross means online but unusable (e.g. incompatible version), gray with a red cross means unreachable, gray with a question mark means unknown.
- Introduced interoperability with 2.x servers: refreshed 2.x servers are shown as incompatible servers in the configuration view. They also show their (incompatible) 2.x version.
- Fixed crash on Mac OS X caused by the server auto-detect service. This service is now disabled for all platforms.
- Fixed crash on Windows in the original (but recalled) 1.8.34 release. This version is no longer available.
For the changelogs of versions 1.8.22 up to 1.8.32, see the previous release article.
You can download this version of the ByteBlower GUI from these locations:
- [[SecureDownload:ByteBlower/GUI/1.8.36/ByteBlower-GUI-windows-x86-installer.exe:Windows installer]]
- [[SecureDownload:ByteBlower/GUI/1.8.36/ByteBlower-GUI-linux-x86-installer.run:Linux 32bit installer]]
- [[SecureDownload:ByteBlower/GUI/1.8.36/ByteBlower-GUI-linux-x86_64-installer.run:Linux 64bit installer]]
- [[SecureDownload:ByteBlower/GUI/1.8.36/ByteBlower-GUI-osx-installer.app.zip:Mac OS X installer]]