Signal quality has a large impact on Wi-Fi performance. Since 2.11.0 of the ByteBlower Server, ByteBlower API and the Wireless Endpoint, it is now possible to map the RSSI, WiFi channel and the BSSID on your throughput!
Watch it here in action!
The downloads for windows/macOS/Linux are found at following location: https://setup.byteblower.com/wirelessendpoints.html .For Android and iOS you will find the apps in the app stores.
Changelog 2.11.2 (2019-03-05)
- [Windows] On some systems an unknown battery level was reported as 100%. This affected mostly Windows.
- [Android] We now support from Android 7 till Android 11. To enable logging ESSID/BSSID/RSSI we had to drop Android 6 support.
- [All] We’ve revised the FrameBlasting transmit approach. The new algorithm is better able to match the configured duration and rate, especially when the configured rate exceeds the available bandwidth. This occurs regularly in low bandwidth Wi-Fi environments, the excess bandwidth is dropped in these moments.
- [macOS] Matching Apple guidelines we only use the essential capability set. Where possible we only use coarse Location to be able to monitor ESSID/BSSID.
- [all] Fixed an issue where the device was marked as Booting Device when the device type contained a quote
Changelog 2.11.0 (2019-12-04)
- Added support to collect the WiFi interface parameters over time: SSID/BSSID/Channel/RSSI/TxRate on supported devices.
You can find the detailed installation instructions in our How to: Install the Wireless Endpoint on your device.