ByteBlower GUI 2.14 changelog
Posted by Mathieu Strubbe, Last modified by Pieter Vandercammen on 04 January 2022 04:37 PM
64-bit version for Windows
The ByteBlower GUI is now available for Windows 64-bit. The biggest benefit is that the GUI can now access much more of the available memory.
Download the 64-bit GUI from setup.byteblower.com
- Upgrade of the Log4j library to v2.16.0 This avoids potential vulnerabilities due to this library.
- The GUI warns when the report browser is about to run out of memory due to the total size of open reports. Without memory to spare, crashes are likely to occur. This warning comes early for those using a 32 bit version, updating to 64 bit is strongly recommended.
- PCAP import in the Frame view is also available for Windows 64 bit.
- The GUI is now also available for Windows x86_64.
- The preferred data-rate unit (Kbps, Mbps, Gbps, ...) is now also applied when creating new Frame Blasting flows.
- The warning icon is now orange instead of blue.
- The 64-bit version for Windows does not yet support the "PCAP Import" feature.
This will become available with the next release.