In this "How to" article, we are going to show you how you can configure or change the IP address assigned to the IPMI interface.
If you would like more background information on the IPMI interface, you can find that here in a previous article.
A video tutorial of this process can be seen below which demonstrates the steps in the article.
Configuring an IP address
Step 1: Login to the ByteBlower Server
- login to the ByteBlower server using Console or SSH
Step 2: Save the current IPMI network configuration to a file.
BMC is the old name. Run the following command
- bmc-config --checkout --section=Lan_Conf --filename=ipmi-network.conf
Step 3:open up the file (ipmi-network.conf) using nano
In order to configure the IP, we must open the IPMI config file. We will do this using nano. Run the following command.
- nano ipmi-network.conf
Step 4: Configure the IPMI file
You will now be in the IPMI config file
- In this case DHCP is set
- We are going to change this to a static IP address
- We use "Static" to do so and choose our IP address
- In this example: IP address = 10.10.1.199/24 and the default gateway = 10.10.1.1
- Now add the new configuration