Increased robustness of RFC-2544 for WEP
- RFC2544 is a widely known benchmark. The ByteBlower GUI implements the throughput measurement.
- In the past, tests would more likely fail due to the stress the test places on the network.
- RFC-2544 places a heavy load on the system. For fail-safe tests it’s recommended to add route the WEP mgmt. traffic over a different interface like e.g., the golden client.
UI improvements in the ByteBlower server updater.
When errors happen resuting in failed tests, we have implemented improved logging which makes the feedback of the server more visible.
- Improved logging of error-cases from the ByteBlower Server.
- More efficient debugging as as a result.
- Some examples of error messages
- Improper license
- Broken updater that was fixed in later releases.
Improved default TCP setting.
- New default value for TCP Slow Start Threshold: 2147483647 (=Integer.MAX_VALUE) (=infinite). The old default was 65535 (=0xFFFF).
- OS behaviour is closer to infinite value.
An empty CCDF graph is now drawn in the ByteBlower report when all packets are below the latency measurement range. This can happen due to negative latencies of a Wireless Endpoint. See also our Golden client KB article to perform such tests.