More info, less bytes in ByteBlower Captures
We are delighted that in this new release of ByteBlower GUI v2.13 the PCAP capture has been improved! This allows you to easily collect relevant network traffic.
The new features allow you to:
- Filter traffic easily, keeping only the interesting packets
- Truncate packets to the headers that matter
- String sanitizing when creating the report filename from the scenario name. Could have caused an error resulting in lost test results.
- Improved algorithm to process HTTP test results over time. No more occasional duplicate snapshots.
- Added links to the ByteBlower Example GUI projects. These are available through the help button in the dialog to create new ByteBlower GUI projects. Clicking it opens the ByteBlower GUI examples in a new window.
- A fresh help dialog for the Latency Histogram in the ByteBlower HTML Reports.
- When a new server version is available, this is visualized more clearly in the Server View.
- More configuration options for the Packet capture. File size can be kept to minimum with the BPF Filter and due to configurable truncation of the Packets. This is an advanced capture. Starting a capture immediately is still possible on ByteBlower Ports and interfaces.
- Packet captures can be started on ByteBlower Ports.
- The context menu of the ByteBlower Port view also has the option to start a capture.