Running Big Scenarios
Since version 2.18, the ByteBlower GUI contains some new features that make it easier to run big test scenarios.
Such tests are often called "stability tests", "stab tests" or "endurance tests".
You may have gotten here after clicking on a help button in the GUI.
- Real time metrics are now exported by the GUI so they can be processed externally.
In another article, we explain how to use the exported metrics: Getting started with Prometheus
- For big scenarios with more than 100 flows, the GUI will no longer store the results over time. The reports will no longer contain graphs.
These scenarios will be marked with an exclamation mark:
- In the Solution tab, you can see why:
Double-clicking on the warning will open this help page.
- If you run a big scenario, the following warning will pop up:
Clicking on the Help button opens this page.
- In the Project Properties, you can now even disable graphs with results over time entirely.
Have a look under the menu File > Project Properties > Report.
This means that you can disable results over time even for small scenarios if you like.
When disabled, the warning icon will disappear from all big scenarios.
What was the problem?
We added these features because we experienced that the machine running the ByteBlower GUI was sometimes not capable of storing all realtime results quickly enough.
While running a long test with lots of flows, the GUI became less responsive and some results could get lost.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com